Still have a ton of spent grain in the fridge and the clock is ticking on it’s viability. Use it, toast it or freeze it. Since i didn’t have 4 hours to toast, i decided to find something that used wet grains!
I found this wonderful recipe on Brooklyn Brew Shop
I can’t wait to do the options of add ins!
- 5 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of Spent Grain Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups wet spent grain
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (used mini chop bowl from food processor)
- 1 cup coconut flakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
3. In a small bowl, combine flours, baking soda, salt, and spices. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat until combined. Remove bowl from mixer and fold in wet spent grain, pecans, and coconut flakes.
4. Scoop cookies onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Let cool. Enjoy.
I only cooked it for 15 min. I did the first batch and flattened them, i think i like that version best. Also best to let them sit for 2 min, they pop off the silpat like a snap! I didn’t have allspice, so i skipped it.