So i found these on a site that called them paleo cookies. Now i gotta say i can’t really envision cavemen running around eating cookies.. but they were tasty!
Obviously i don’t have all the weird special diet stuff in my house but i did have the tahini, so i made do!
- ½ cup (125 g) tahini
- ½ cup (170 g) honey
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons pure almond extract
- 1½ cups (168 g) whole what flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350F; line 2 large baking trays with parchment paper or silpat liners.
Stir togetherPlace the tahini, honey, egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract in a Kitchenaid, and mix until smooth, then stir in the almond meal, salt, and baking soda until well combined. (The batter will thicken as you stir, but it will still be a soft, sticky batter; don’t be tempted to add more almond meal.) Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Use a 1
tablespoon-sized scoopSmall cookie scooper to measure out the batter onto the cookie sheet, leaving about 1 inch between cookies. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
- Bake until the cookies are golden on the bottom and set along the outside, but still look a touch doughy in the center, about 10 minutes,
rotating the trays once.
- Cool the cookies completely on their trays before removing.