Was finally cleaning out my stack of recipes I had saved for some day. Some day finally arrived and this one got to make an attempt at staying in the wilker recipe app! This originated in fitness magazine
, i changed it up a little bit with pre cooking the tofu, adding some pickled jalapenos, and skipping the rice.
Tofu with Black Beans and Garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 14 -ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (3 cloves)
- 1 package sliced extra-firm tofu
- 1 jalapeno, picked or regular
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Squish tofu
- Cut tofu into small pieces, sprinkle with Chinese 5 spices, salt and pepper
- Pan fry tofu to get a crisp on all sides, remove from pan
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet. Add beans and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes. (add water or broth to keep from sticking)
- Add tofu and ginger; cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
- Stir in hoisin sauce.
- Serve with tofu.
So much better than anticipated! I added some pickled jalapeno, and some broth to keep beans from sticking, but it was a nice quick and healthy meal!