Not sure what rabbit hole i went down to find this recipe
, but it was great find!
It was our “annual” gals night, drag queen movie time! This seemed the best desert for the night!
- 1 small (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist Devil’s Food cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups chopped caramels
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13-by-9-inch pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together chocolate pudding and milk for one minute to combine.
- Add cake mix ONLY and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spread batter evenly into bottom of prepared pan (batter will be thick). Sprinkle with chopped caramels. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste (remember: A little bit goes a long way).
- Bake cake 30-40 minutes or until edges pull away from sides and a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Pour chocolate chips into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is fully melted. Using a spoon, drizzle chocolate over cooled cake.
- Serve cake with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
Woah – delicious! I think next time i wouldn’t cook the cake the full time, let is be a little more moist!
I also used caramel balls, not chopped caramels and it worked pretty well, but i think i might have liked how the squared melted better…