Found this in “everyday low-carb slow cooker cookbook” – right – who knew such a thing existed – yeah for public libraries!
IT is listed as an appetizer but i went with calling it dinner – made about 6 servings with a bag of the no yolk egg noodles.
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbl dried minced onions
- 1 can mushrooms (original called for 10 ounces fresh chopped)
- 2 pounds meat balls – frozen
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream, room temp (i used lite and it was fine)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (original called for 1/4tsp – really, why bother with that little!)
- Add first 6 ingredients (pepper through mushrooms) to the crock pot, mix will. (turned the crock pot on and let the mixture make the bouillon cubes melt and moosh) Add the meatballs stir (since they are frozen, stirring it does no damage)
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Stir to coat meatballs 1 or 2 times during cooking.
- Just before serving, add sour cream and hot sauce.
Verdict: So much better than expected! Tasty, flavorful, very filling with a bag of no yolk egg noodles. (that part also makes no long no carb…) This bad boy will definitely make the rotation – bag o meatballs from costco, makes it super easy! I would probably do 1.5 lb or less so there is more sauce to meatball ratio, but i’m also only feeding 2 people, this could easily feed a big family! Or do as originally suggested and make it an appetizer and skip the noodles!