It’s coming up on the boy’s 4th birthday! Time to create new treats for them!
Found this site
and this recipe! The only change i made was i didn’t have unsweetened apple sauce, and i added a little water. Well and i didn’t bother with the frosting – and i made them in mini muffin pans. Next time i would cook it for 20-30 and check on them after that.
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 8 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Lightly spray cups of muffin tin.
- In a large bowl stir together the carrots, eggs and applesauce. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl whisk together the cinnamon, oats and flour.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients. Stir until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin. The dough will be thick, so you may wet your fingers to press the dough into place.
- The dog cupcake will not rise very much, so do not worry about over filling the muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting or serving.
- Blend both ingredients with a hand mixer until well blended.
- Spoon into a pastry bag for easy decorating.
These dog cupcakes will keep fresh in your refrigerator for 2 weeks. You can freeze them for up to 2 months. If you are going to freeze them, do not decorate with the frosting until they have thawed. For more information on how to store homemade dog treats
please review our tips.