Another of the cookies from my 101 Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe book!
We loved this one, and even found the batter to be more than amazing!
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup margarine (butter), at room temp
- 1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces milk choc chips (i used only 1 cup)
- 2/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, both sugars, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in the eggs until batter is well blended. On low speed, gradually mx in the dry ingredients, just until well blended. Stir in the chips and coconut
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet with silpat, spacing well apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on sheets for 1 minutes, then remove to racks to complete cooling.