This was another Bon Apetit find… love the marnade… maybe pan fry next time?
Sriracha-Soy Fried Chicken
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce*
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken, cut into 1-inch cubes
Whisk all ingredients in small bowl.
Whisk first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat. Cover and chill at least 4 hours and up to 1 day.
Place potato starch in medium bowl. Working in batches, add chicken pieces to potato starch and toss to coat. Shake off excess potato starch and transfer to baking sheet. Pour enough oil into heavy large deep saucepan to reach depth of 2 inches. Attach deep-fry thermometer to side of pan. Heat oil to 350°F. Working in 2 batches, fry chicken until cooked through, stirring often to separate chicken pieces, about 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to paper towels to drain.
Place chicken and sauce on platter