This was a find in the Indian Crockpot cookbook.
This was less than stellar and nearly tasteless. That made me sad. I also didn’t use green lentils i used red.
- 1/2 cup red lentils, washed (called for dried yellow)
- 1/2 inch to 1 inch peice of ginger, peeled, grated
- 1-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 tbl salt
- 6 cups water
- 2-4 cups spinach
1. Put lentils, ginger, garlic, tomato paste, cumin, coriander, garam masala, tumeric, salt and water in the slow cooker.
2. Cook on low for 4 hours, then add the spinach. Turn off the slow cooker and let sit for 15 minutes with the lid on.
This was the 1/2 recipe, it made a ton.
Unfortunately, not super tasty.