Kinda like lentil soup – but tasty and i got to use my “herb” sheers to make spinach ribbons
This was another find from the indian crockpot cookbook! I’ve adapted to fit my need and love of spice!
I made the 1/2 recipe – which was still nearly 8 servings!
- 1 1/2 cups green/brown lentils, washed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 1 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 serrano – diced
- 1 jalapeno – chopped
- 1/2 tbl cumin seeds
- 1 tbl salt
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 6 cups water
- 4 cups spinach measured, then cut into ribbons
- Put lentils, onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, peppers, cumin, salt, garam masala, turmeric, and cayenne, and water into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 and 1/2 hours. Add the spinach and cook for 30 more.
- Serve with a little Parmesan cheese on top
Herb cutting scissors are fun!
The taste was great! Flavorful!
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 191.6
- Total Fat: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 396.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 13.5 g
- Protein: 13.6 g