ahhh…. so nice to have an oven again! Figured i’d leave some treats for out dog sitter, and since we were laying low prior to vacation… it was the perfect storm!
I decided to grab a new recipe from my gain cookie cook book!
FYI – convection cooking – hello crispy and lovely cookies!
Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup Crisco butter flavor
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup quick cooking oats – uncooked
- 1/2 cup coconut flake
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375. (I used convection setting) Place silpat onto cookie sheet (if you don’t have a silpat – go get one, if you can’t then grease the baking sheets with shortening!)
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Combine shortening, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until well blended
- Add flour mixture gradually to creamed mixture at slow speed. Beat until will blended. Stir in oats, coconut and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Do not overbake. (convection makes them very crispy)
Option: melt 1 cup chocolate chips and crisco. Pipe onto the flat side of the cooking, cool chocolate side up until hardened.