I found this recipe in a slow carb crock pot cookbook and finally got around to making it.
I was a little worried, since most of the other recipes called for making your own slury and this one seemed to easy with just a can of cheese soup… Alas, it’s easy and yummy. As usual I made it my own, changed the meat to turkey from beef, cut the amount to 3/4, used rotel, added a serrano, and for my portion, not the hubbies – added a can of kidney beans and corn! So i guess it’s something else now, but still yummy. So yummy in fact that i forgot to take a picture!
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup boiling water, 1 tbl beef bullion (combined)
- 1 can rotel (not drained)
- 1-3 Serranos
- 1 can kidney beans – drained
- 1 can corn – drained
- shredded cheese for serving
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat, brown the beef. Drain off fat.
- Combine beef with remaining ingredients in slow cooker. stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Stir before serving. garnish with cheese.
Notes: I added the rub i usually put on my burgers, i put some into the mixture! I liked it!