I’m always a fan of velveta and rotel or salsa all melty and yummy so figured i’d give this one a try. Found this recipe in Stephanie O’Dea’s second crockpot cookbook.
- 1 (8 ounce) block of cream cheese (i forgot this)
- 1 pound of velveeta
- 2 cups of salsa
- 1 envelope of taco seasoning
So as i was entering this recipe here, i figured out, i did it wrong…
- 8 ounces of velveta, chopped
- 1 cup of salsa – ortega regular – no corn or beans
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- Use a 4 quart slow cooker. Dump everything in.
- Cover and cook on low for about 3 hours, or 90 min on high. Or until the cheeses have fully melted. Stir well and service your favorite chips.
- Use a 2 quart slow cooker (one of my triple dippers)
- Put in cheese, cover with salsa, and taco season.
- Turn on (I only have warm – which is really just ON) Stir at about the 2 hour mark, most of the cheese is melted, sneak a bite, wait for guests to arrive and continue to eat.
All in this recipe for me was just ok – now that i know i did it all wrong and in the wrong quantities, it means it’s time to try again and experiment. Next time i would definitely go with rotel vs salsa, or get better salsa!
Definitely would have had a different flavor adding in the cream cheese.