I had a block of feta and happened to see this recipe in Stephanie O’Dea’s second crockpot cookbook and decided to give a try!
Herbed Baked Feta
- 1 8 ounce slab of feta (I had a block of red pepper basic flavor)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (sprinked on top)
- 1/4 tsp oregano (skipped)
- 1 tablespoon EVOO (used infused garlic EVOO)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (skipped)
- Place feta in a 2 quart slow cooker (I used one of my tripple dippers!)
- Drizzle with Olive Oil and the lemon juice if used
- Turn on for 2 hours until the block begins to lose it’s shape.
- Use a knife and spread on crackers.
Meh. I didn’t really follow the recipe, but i thought it was just ok…