I found this special recipe in Bon Apetit and loved the story, and the ingredients so i had to make it!
- 1 15- to 15 1/2-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (1 tbl dry)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley (1 tbl dry)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil (cajun)
- 2 small garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 cup (packed) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Coarse kosher salt
Combine rinsed and drained chickpeas, chopped fresh basil, chopped Italian parsley, fresh lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, and pressed garlic clove in medium bowl.
Add grated Parmesan cheese and toss gently to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Season chickpea salad to taste with coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
DO AHEAD: Chickpea salad can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Serve salad chilled or at room temperature.