Found this recipe for
additional spicy nuts for the father-in-law for xmas, but with travel and work I didn’t get around to it till today! Yeah for snow storms! I upped the cayene and didn’t add the thyme since i like spice and was out. We’ll be going there at the end of the month, so we’ll bring some goodies to him then!
- 1 pound pecan halves (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Place pecans in the bottom of a 4 quart crockpot. Turn on high.
- Combine all the spices in a bowl on the side.
- Melt the butter.
- Dump the spice mixture over the pecans, pour the butter.
- Stir with vigor until everything is covered with teh butter and spice combo.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes. Turn to LOW and continue to cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 2 hours. Transfer nuts to a baking sheet and cool completely.
- (Pack into glass jars and decorate with bows for holiday gifts)