Tried this recipe with our own cilantro Serrano Pesto… Fail…
- Pesto (bottled, or make your own)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Use a 4 quart slow cooker
- Smear pesto on the bottom of the crockpot
- Place 2 chicken breasts on top
- Top with half the cheese
- Top with the pesto
- Top with the rest of the cheese
- Cover and cook on low or 6 hours.
Verdict – for as much flavor as the pesto has, it’s amazing how lacking in flavor it is.
Useful for dishes that need chicken with a little something.