We are doing a home made Christmas this year and as we were packaging up the presents we realized we didn’t have enough for the father-in-law. Since our oven is out, were are limited as to what all we can create. So i did a search for spicy crock pot nuts. And i found this recipe and the supporting recipe here
. And created mine!
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (spicy)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (tapatio)
- 1½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic power
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all your ingredients together. Stir them up really well.
- Pour them into a slow cooker.
- Turn on low, uncovered for about 1½ to 2 hours. Slow cookers all cook differently so keep an eye they don’t burn. Mine started to stick at the 2 hour mark.
- Make sure you check them and mix them up every 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet with silpat to cool.
- Serve with a big old “I’m on Fire” grin!
Final verdict: tastes pretty good! Nice kick, and tasty!!