I had grand plans for my left over chicken, either chicken divan or chicken pot pie… and then i remembered… sigh…
So i did some research, the most annoying options said to do everything in the crockpot, then cook the biscuits in the oven… seriously, rude….
Then i checked out my favorite crockpot gal
and she did an almost similar thing with some gluten free stuff, so i took it, took another option
and came up with this. With some tweaks, pretty sure this can be a total keeper, this time it was a smidge salty and over cooked…
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 can cream of chicken (low sodium if possible)
- 1 can water
- 1 bag of frozen veggies (corn, greenbeans, carrots, peas)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (one recipe said garlic salt, i think this would help it be less salty!)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 container jr biscuits (I wanted a smaller crust on top so went with the smaller biscuits)
Frozen pearl onions, 1/2 a bag
- Place chicken in a bowl, combine with spices, place in the crockpot
- Pour both cans of soup and 1 can of water on top of chicken
- Add veggies and stir
- Top with 6 of the biscuits
- Prop open lid with a chop stick
I cooked mine for way to long, so if you need to work for the day, definitely add the water
I did mine for low for 3-4 hours, then high for a couple more.
The biscuits actually did brown, and the rest was pretty good!