It was a rainy Saturday night that called for a sweet treat!
I started with cookie pie.
Soooo not impressed… I have a bag of coconut I’ve been wanting to make a part of some cookies, so i started flipping thru my 101 chocolate chip cookie recipe book.. Found this one that sounded interesting, and i had all the ingredients… and then realized no coconut in the list… oh well, it was fun!
Tiger-Striped Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups four
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 ounces of tub margarine (used 1 stick of margarine)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (we only have chunky in the house)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar – firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 8 ounce (i had 2 3.5 Hershey bars) milk chocolate bar cut into chunks
- 6 ounces (1 cup) semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt, set aside (i don’t sift… ever…)
- In a large bowl, cream the margarine, peanut butter, and the sugars until the mixtures is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the sifted ingredients and mix well. Gently stir in the milk chocolate chunks.
- In a sauce pan (bah, hello pyrex measuring cup and microwave…) Carefully stir the melted chocolate into the cookie dough to make stripes. So not blend into the dough.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto un-greased baking sheet (silpat), spacing well apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes (14 minutes in Denver), or until the light stripes are golden. Cool slightly before removing from baking sheets. Store in an airtight container.
These were fun to make and looked super pretty. But really it was just peanut butter cookies with chocolate…