There was a post on facebook by a friend saying – “anyone with a food processer that doesn’t make hummus” is a dummy
So i decided to revisit my old recipes and see what i could do to make them more amazing!!
Yeta Nother Hummus
1 3/4 cups (serving size: 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2-6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (chipotle flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4-6 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- Juice from a peporncini pepper jar to taste
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Cayenne Powder
- 1 “hot” pepper
Place all ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth, and then a little more, scraping sides of processor bowl once. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
The 1 hot pepper was a pepper hubby grew in his garden – unsure of the taste, and the peporcini juice, red pepper flakes and cayenne was just sprinkle till it looks good.
Tasted great! Wonderful with pretzel thins! Ate it too fast for any pictures!