I saw a recipe for drunken noodles here and figured, hey i usually have these base ingredients, i’ll try it!
- 1 package of flat noodles
- 1 package of tofu, squished, sliced and cut into squares
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsps of golden mountain sauce – this is made with soy sauce and wheat flour. This is a great substitute for vegetarians instead of a fish sauce normally used in thai dishes. This sauce adds that extra saltiness usually provided but the fish sauce
- 1 tbsp of vegetarian oyster sauce ( if you can find it – if not, just skip this ingredient)
- 1 tsp of plain white sugar
- 1 tsp of brown palm sugar
- 1 tbl of chilli paste
Cook noodles according to package
After draining the noodles, mix with the oil to keep them from clumping.
Add all the above sauces to a small bowl and whisk together well and set aside.
Pan fry the tofu to a have a good crust, add red pepper flakes
Add the noodles
Pour the sauce over everything, stirring to combine
I’m thinking if there was a way to create a better sauce so there was more umph.
If you like veggies you can add veggies – the hubby doesn’t so we stuck with tofu and noodles.
I think i would also like it with bean spouts too!