The crock pot lady is one of my favorite sites, but sometimes what i try does not fit what i was hoping or my taste buds.
This morning i decided to give rocky road candy a try!
Seriously how terrible could that go?
I read many of the reviews and one of the gals had her marshmallows melt, so i was a little concerned…
I’m thinking the crockpot lady has much newer machinery than I! My crock box is older, like 20 years old… and it heats things up nicely and stays hot. So i’m thinking my crockery is too heat holding to make this work!
We don’t like peanuts in our chocolate, so i decided to try broken pretzels instead. All in all it looks ok, but i’m not sure it will stay solid… we shall have to see.
- pour chocolate chips into stoneware
- turn on high, set timer for 30 minutes to check
- stir chocolate after 30 min, re-set timer 15-30 minutes as needed. (i only need the 30 minutes)
- prepare two cookie sheets with Parchment Paper.
- Remove stoneware from heating element.
- when chocolate is all melty, stir in a marshmallows and pretzles. Mix with a big spoon
- Use two spoons and drop mounds of chocolate-marshmallow- gooeyness onto the Parchment paper.
- Place cookie sheets into the refrigerator to cool and harden.