Saw this on spark people and decided to give it a try.
Mine did not look like their pictures as all! I think they cheated and actually used butter in theirs!!
One of the winning points of this recipe was the no butter, substituting pumpkin instead.
Since i make pumpkin for the pups, i do tend to have a number of frozen containers in the freezer with “fresh” pumpkin! Much cheaper than the can, and i know exactly what all is in there! Since i can’t really leave alone, i pretty much made this recipe my own, and changed up a few things!
- 1.5 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla (real home made vanilla)
- 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cups regular white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- 1/2 cup mini m&m’s
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- -Beat together pumpkin and sugar
- -Add eggs and vanilla, beat well
- -Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon salt ; mix
- -Stir in oats, craisins and m&m’s
- -Drop rounded spoonfuls onto silpat on cookie sheet (flatten with spoon or hand or whatever)
- -Bake 10-12 mins.
- -Let cool one minute
So, it was a fun experiment, but i don’t think i’ll be trying these again… Definitely healthier, but more a breakfast treat than a cookie!