Christmas baking time again!
I’ve had this recipe sitting around for about a year now, and since i started making glazed candied walnuts for the hubby, i happened to have a bag (costco size) of walnuts sitting around!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 4 cups walnut halves
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F. Put a silpat into a jelly roll pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and salt; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg white and instant coffee granules until dissolved and frothy.(this step is hard on your shoulder!) Fold nuts into coffee mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle nuts with cinnamon-sugar mixture, and mix until evenly coated. (i didn’t use the whole thing, i just couldn’t use that much sugar!)
- Spread walnuts on prepared baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes, stir nuts and continue baking for 5 more minutes, or until dry to the touch. (i left it in 1 more round)
- Remove from oven, loosen walnuts from tray and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
This was a very easy recipe and the results grew on me. First out of the oven i was kind of, meh. But as they hardened and had a crunch, they tasted pretty good.
Not sure this is something make always, but it’s a nice addition to Christmas gifting!