The original recipe was called Beef Enchilada Soup – i went with ground turkey, cause we don’t normally have ground beef in the house!
This soup tasted amazing! Great combo of flavors, and plenty of room to add some heat!
- 1.5 lbs Ground turkey, browned, and Drained
- 1 Large Can Tomatoes dices (use Rotel for some heat)
- 1 can Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can Kidney Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can Sweet Corn (rinsed and drained)
- 1 Small Can Green Chilies
- 1 can Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cans Beef Broth
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 2 Envelopes Taco Seasoning (or 1/2 cup from taco seasoning)
Put ingredients into crock pot on low for the day, or on high for a couple of hours.
It can also be cooked on the stove top for 20 minutes.
Top with sliced tortillas–this is important! They act like noodles and are delicious.
Other toppings: shredded cheese, sliced jalapenos, avocado, cilantro, sour cream, additional seasoning, anything that sounds good!
- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 249.2
- Total Fat: 7.3 g
- Cholesterol: 60.9 mg
- Sodium: 1,485.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.7 g
- Protein: 22.0 g