Found this ditty in the RR magazine that somehow arrives at my house each month!
Watermelon Agua Fresca
* 8 cups seedless watermelon cubes
* 6 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
* 1/3 cup fresh lime juice plus 1 sliced lime
* A few sprigs mint or rosemary
* Puree watermelon in blender. Strain into bowl through fine-mesh sieve. Stir in honey and lime juice. Transfer to pitcher; stir in 1-1/2 cups water, lime slices and mint. Chill; serve over ice.
—First issue – i don’t own a sieve… well i do for pottery, but really… not for anything i can put food thru…
— How does one pick a watermellon that is only 8 cups worth of fruit??
I ended up with a full pitcher of watermellon “juice”! ( probably had 12 cups of watermellon, not sure i just kept cutting, blending, and putting it thru a strainer!)
I added the lime, lite agave syrup and let it sit for the day!
Right before our guests arrived, i split the juice between 2 pitchers, added a cup of water to each and some mint leaves!
Then i added 5-7 shots of vodka and mmmmmm! Delicious!