Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
This was a recipe from hubby’s 4 hour body book. It is a good slow carb, which as usual we modified to his taste and texture requirements!
- 3 cups of chicken stock (or 2 cans broth)
- 1 can refried beans (spicy, fat free)
- 1 can rotel tomatoes (hot)
- 1 can of black beans – separated – rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1-2 jalapenos
- 1/2 can corn – drained and rinsed
- red pepper flakes to taste
1. Whisk broth and re-fried beans
2. Add tomatoes, 1/2 can of black beans, jalapenos, 1 can diced green chilies – heat
3. Immersion blend the soup (so that none of the tomatoes look like tomatoes!
4. Add corn and red of black beans, add red pepper flakes – heat for 5- 10 minutes.
For hubby at this point we cook up a couple hot links or make some turkey taco meat and separate into 4 containers for lunch for the week!
Unfortunately it really is an open can dump and repeat type of recipe, but it’s easy and tasty!