It was a day that needed to happen. A day of cooking, baking and messing up every pan in the kitchen, again and again and again! It has been way to long!
It started with the idea of beer bread – we have too much beer right now – then morphed into more cookies for the pups and finally into – what can i make with dried cranberries!
This gem was also due to the fact that i wanted desert and there wasn’t anything worthy in the house…
I usually try to stick to CL, but their combined search engine brings up other – live Southern Living – aka – lard and butter!
So i started with this recipe, but didn’t have enough white chips, so i filled in the rest with chocolate and it was great!
Cranberry-White Chocolate Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate morsels
- 1 (6-ounce) package sweetened dried cranberries (1/2 cup)
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture gradually, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in white chocolate morsels and cranberries.
- Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. (up to 14 at altitude, was only a touch golden brown on the bottoms)