More baking, more cranberries! Woot!
Another goodie from CL – i didn’t change much of the original recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in cranberries; make a well in center of mixture. Combine coconut milk and next 4 ingredients (through egg), stirring well with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Place 12 muffin cup liners in muffin cups. Spoon batter into lined cups. Sprinkle evenly with 2 teaspoons sugar. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove muffins from pans immediately; place on a wire rack.
I used a touch less sugar than the recipe calls for to put on the top and thought it was fine! I never have lemons on hand, so i use frozen zest and that works out just fine!
200 calories a muffin seems high for how small and cute they are, but i guess my breakfast quesadilla is 300…