We had some applesauce that we needed to use up and I decided that dog biscuits would be a great use!
Found this recipe.
It’s not amazing, and you need to know that the cookies don’t spread out when they cook, since there is no butter – so flatten them if you want them not to be lumps.Pretty much all good for you stuff, and dogs seemed to enjoy them – an no toots yet!!
- 1 cup instant oats
- 4 oz. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup dry milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray or use a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Combine 1 cup instant oats, 4 oz. unsweetened applesauce, 1/4 cup dry milk and 1 egg into a bowl and mix well
- Drop the cookie mixture using a teaspoon to create quarter-sized drops. If you want bigger cookies, use a tablespoon instead.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes
(Love this part of the recipe) Allow cookies to cool before feeding them to your dog.