I bought a vat-o-cranberries to make the previous cookies I found.
I decided to see what else was out there to try and make for the pups!
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Whisk together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff. Roll the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick roll. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 40 minutes.
These were very easy to work with – definitely skip the whisk business, all it does is clump up in the middle!
And the smell… Oh my goodness – the pumpkin and peanut butter combo is so good… alas, for people these are a little bland, but for the pups, it was pretty spectacular!
I did follow the instructions and make this with canned pumpkin – since we give them pumpkin anyway to help with “gland issues” but i think next time I’ll try to use some of the sweet potato or pumpkin that i have already cooked and frozen for the boys!