It was a Saturday night, i was coming down with “something” from the office – thanks boys.
I was in the mood for something having to do with stout beer bread and a spread. I usually go with the pampered chef dipping sauce, but had also been looking for warm, green, appetizers to bring to a friends st patrick’s day party next weekend and this intrigued me. We had some kale, and we always have crumbled feta – so why not. The recipe called for a block – but the crumbled lite worked just fine! Delicious and good looking! I added some extra salt and pepper and red pepper flakes!
Baked Feta with Kale Pesto
- 6 ounce(s) lite feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the baking dish
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried rosemary
- 1 bunch(es) kale, thick stems removed, leaves roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) unsalted pine nuts, toasted
- 2 clove(s) garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place feta in a small oiled casserole dish with rosemary scattered on top.
- Bake until warm throughout, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse kale, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. With motor running, drizzle in oil and lemon juice to make a pesto.
- Spoon pesto around feta and bake 5 minutes more.