Fresh Roasted Pumpkin Seeds!
- Pumpkin seeds from a fresh pumpkin
- Oil – olive, spicy or not, enough to cover the seeds
- 1-2 tsp Cayenne Powder
- 1-2 tsp Kosher Salt
- Remove all goo and strings from seeds.
- Place in a bowl of cold water, swish around
- Dry for a couple hours
- Preheat oven to 325
- Place seeds in a small bowl, sprinkle with oil – stir to coat
- Sprinkle spices – stir to coat
- Place on jelly roll pan – spread them out
- Cook for 20-45 minutes. Depending on amount of doneness you prefer!
My second batch i grabbed the wrong bottle of oil and got sesame oil – it worked out fine!
Basically i think all kinds of roasted seeds are a vessel to get as much salt into the body as possible, so i’m going to experiment with different flavors and try to cut down on the salt. I have 2 more pumpkins to gut unless i hit walmart again for more $1 pumpkins! Then i can try all kinds of different stuff – maybe the horseradish powder i have sitting in the cabinet… hmmmm
Still need a bigger freezer for all the pumpkin mush