And the final left over beer recipe!
Beef and Beer Chili – seriously how could beef and beer go wrong!
Adapted from CL – Beef and Beer Chili
- 1 1/2 cups chopped
onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 coarsely chopped green pepper
1 pound extralean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 splenda packet
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (19-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can diced green chili
- 1 jalapeno – chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 (12-ounce) bottle beer ( such as Budweiser)amber and a stout
- 2 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1-3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook 5-10 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, sugar, and salt; cook 1 minute.
- Add oregano and next 7 ingredients (through beer) to pan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 60 minutes. Stir in cornmeal; cook 5 minutes. Stir in juice.
Juice will cut the bitterness of the beer.
Make a nice thick chili with a great taste and a nice kick!! Mmm! Make nearly 8 servings! Yeah!
- Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 241.9
- Total Fat: 9.1 g
- Cholesterol: 33.6 mg
- Sodium: 430.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.9 g
- Protein: 13.7 g