Another items on my chick flight night was something that i have been meaning to make for years. I wish i had made it soon cause i consider it to be a keeper and better than my other humuses
that are currently in my rotation!
I was completely surprised as how amazing this was with no garlic, no red pepper flakes just simple and delicious!
Red-Red Bean Spread
- 2 red bell peppers (1.5 cups of roasted red bell peppers from bottled kind)
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of ground red pepper
- Place bell peppers and remaining ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth.
I absolutely am amazed at the ease of this and how wonderful it is!
Original recipe called for roasting your own peppers and that just isn’t me – hello convenience food!