Had a girls night when the hubby was away, we started out with the idea of movie and a pizza and then… I started looking at things to make! I ended up with 3 appetizers, 1 main dish and a re-do of a desert!
This was the first one i found and knew i had some ham in the freezer just ready to go and decided to dress it up with some sun dried tomatoes!
I had all the ingredients and was ready to do it until… i noticed it said mini-muffin pan. Hmmm.
I’ve got a number of random and different cooking items but a mini-muffin pan was not in my collection!
I sent out the call the neighborhood gals asking for one to borrow and within 20 minutes my wish was granted! Who knew!
These little guys turned out great and if i had a mini-muffin pan that cooked 24 at once it would totally be a keeper! Lots of other reviewers on the CL site said they just double or tripled the recipe and made full size. I was pondering just making thinner ones in the regular tin… We’ll see bout that.
I’d probably also add a jalapeno and maybe some red pepper next time!
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped reduced-fat ham (about 2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 chopped sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add ham; sauté 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add ham mixture, stirring with a whisk. Spoon mixture into 24 miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until set.
Results were great! I definitely liked them better cooled than hot. I would probably use hot cheese, jalapeno and red pepper flakes! Definitely didn’t didn’t get 24, probably more like 18 or 20.
Great finger food!