The final appetizer from my chick flick night!
This one i’m not sold on. I of course used fake crab – ain’t no way i’m using the good stuff if i’m going to cover it in creamy stuff! It could have been the hot sauce i chose to use – Slap Ya Mama Hot Sauce
My companion said it was pretty tasty – but i’m not sure it will make it into rotation…
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Combine cottage cheese mixture, cream cheese, and onion in a large bowl; gently fold in crab. Place crab mixture in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan and breadcrumbs. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
I also put the broiler on for a couple minutes to a little crunch.