I made this for the girls craft weekend in may, and have been hanging onto the recipe debating if it was worthy of keeping. For our desert for chick flick night i decided to make it again. And, am i glad i did!
Came out amazing!And headed the warning of others to put foil in the pan! I also used my new pampered chef brownie pan, which might have cooked everything evenly as well…
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace or nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white (from the carton)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare crust, place first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Lightly spoon 1 cup flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Add 1 cup flour to butter mixture, and beat at low speed until well-blended. Press crust into an 8-inch square baking pan with a piece of foil coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- To prepare filling, place cottage cheese in a food processor; process 2 minutes or until smooth, scraping sides of bowl once. Add 1 cup
granulated sugarsplenda and remaining ingredients, and process until well-blended. Pour filling over crust. Bake at 350° for 2530 minutes or until set (the edges will get lightly browned), and cool. Cover and chill for 8 hours.
For a topping i simply got a bag of frozen raspberries and let it defrost, so there were raspberries and the “sauce” so it got soaked up… Mmmm!
This is definitely a keeper!