That’s what she said….
ok, ok, i need to grow up!
My co-worker/client said he had zucchini to get rid of, me being all about the veggies, said, hook me up.
Of course he brings in three 8 pound ginormous zucchinis on the day i ride my bike. Jesu-cristo…
I swear i lost a couple inches riding home with those in my backpack!
I pawned one off on a friend of ours, but still had 2 to do something with.
Finally sunday was the day – i cut one in half and then sliced length wise into long slabs! Put some olive oil on and slapped it on the grill!
But i still had half of this bohemouth and needed something interesting to do with it. Well, interesting and awesome did i find!
Ajlouk Qura’a (Mashed-Zucchini Salad)
- 1 1/4 pounds zucchini, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon harissa
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Place zucchini in a large saucepan; cover with water to 1 inch above zucchini. Bring to a boil, and cook 20 minutes or until zucchini is very tender. Drain. While zucchini is still in colander, coarsely mash zucchini with a fork; drain.
- Combine juice and next 6 ingredients (juice through garlic) in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Add zucchini; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese.
The result was superb – so much better than i expected!
Nice kick, nice flavor, great!!
I’ll be enjoying this recipe time and again! Can’t wait!