The latest installment from CL was not as awesome as the description would have led me to believe…
All in all it was just ok. I would probably simmer the sauce to a much thicker consistency than suggested!
I used 5 tablespoons of chili garlic sauces vs the sweet chili suggested, and used chunky peanut butter and for-went the lime and peanuts before serving!
It did add good flavor to my dal though!!
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt/pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth (my homemade)
- 5 tablespoons garlic chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chunky peanut butter
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add broth, chili sauce, and fish sauce; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until broth mixture is reduced to 2/3 cup (about 4 minutes). Remove from heat; add lime juice and peanut butter, stirring until smooth. Serve sauce over chicken;