This was originally a vegan recipe about chick peas… I of course did it my way! I have thing a bout vegetable broth – i think it tastes yucky! Or adds a weird something to recipes.
Moroccan-style navy beans
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 garlic closed, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- Saute garlic and onion in olive oil over medium heat for 2 minutes
- Stir in cumin, ginger and coriander
- Cook until onion is tender
- Add navy beans, broth, tomatoes with juice and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10 min.
I thought this was an amazing end result. I wasn’t all that sure when i started, but was super surprised and slurped it all up!!