I made a cool shrimp foil packet recipe Friday night and needed some Creole Seasoning. Now i remember buying a bottle at some point for some other recipe i was going to make, but for the life of me i could not find it. I do have a vague recollection during one of our moves saying – well if i haven’t used it yet… Which of course does me no good when I’m 1 ingredient away from dinner being complete..
So i found the following, i didn’t actually make this whole thing, i just sort of used the shake method, more of 1, less of another and it turned out great!
- 2 tablespoons Cayenne
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
I used it in this recipe from CL. We pared down the shrimp to 1 pound and split it between 2 pieces of foil. Next time i’ll split it between 4 or more and try different spices in each one! It makes a bit of a sauce which would be good on rice, but we just ate out of the foil instead – mmmm!
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) preshredded Mexican-blend or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup drained canned whole-kernel corn with sweet peppers (such as Green Giant)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl mix shrimp, seasoning and olive oil
- Prepare multiple pieces of foil. Arrange shrimp in the center of a aluminum foil.
- Top shrimp with cheese, corn, and beans; sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning. Fold opposite ends of foil together; crimp to seal.
- Place foil packet on prepared grill; cover and cook 10 minutes or until shrimp are done