It is summer and i wanted to roast a squash so that the boys could have some added fiber in their diet to help with some pooping issues they are having.
I thought, well, you must be able to do it in the crock pot, right?
No recipe had just the roasting part – they all had the cinnamon and apple juice and brown sugar… well i didn’t want that…
But I decided to give it a go
- 1 butter nut squash (2-3 pounds)
- Olive oil
- Cut squash in half, remove the seeds and goo
- Cut each half in half
- Brush with olive oil
- Place squash in a large crock pot, with enough room to sit.
- Brush each piece with the olive oil
- Pour water down the side to cover the bottom of the crock pot with 1/2 inch water.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours – till it is the tenderness you desire!
Wasn’t i surprised that it worked!