I have another book I’m trying to get thru: The Great American Cookie Book. Over 500 pages of cookie recipes! I’ve gotten thru a number of them and this is one of the latest!
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place foil on the counter top for cooling cookies1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Combine oil, granulated sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed until blended. Add egg and egg whites. Beat until well blended. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt with spoon.
- Place confectioners’ sugar in a shallow dish
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll or shake in confectioners’ sugar until coated. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet (or silpat) – squish flat for flatter results, don’t for “bubble” cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched lightly. Do not over bake. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.