The original white bean chili we created/adapted/stole back in 2008. I think i have made it a time or 2 since then, but recently with my “plan the month” of what we are eating, this was the recipe’s last change to keep it’s place in the cook book!
BTW – i use Tastebook and absolutely love it! I haven’t gifted my book to anyone yet, since it’s what me and the hubby like to eat, which isn’t necessarily what the family on either side or my friends like to eat.But it is an awesome product, website, facility for saving, printing and keeping your recipes!
I get to print out my recipes and they have a cool binder your cookbook comes in, so I can make changes and re-print the page and whala i’m good as new! This also helps me to get pictures for all my recipes. Unlike some of my other food porn blogging friends… Stephanie and Joanne
I’m not as on it when i’m cooking to remeber to take pictures. And when i cook, it definitely doesn’t look like when they cook!
But anyway – this is about how i changed up the
Slow-Cooker White Chili with Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (if frozen break up the meat during the cooking process, if raw cut up into chunks)
- 1 cans great northern beans – rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans – rinsed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, condensed, 98% fat free (hubby doesn’t do mushrooms, original recipe had cream of mushroom)
- 2 cans water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1-2 tablespoon garlic chili sauce (asian market)
- 1 can green chilies, chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos chopped
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
In 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker, put chicken, top with beans.
In a bowl combine: onion, garlic, oregano, salt, soup, water, jalapeno, cumin, garlic chili sauce, red pepper flakes; mix well.
Cover; cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours or until beans are tender and chicken is no longer pink. (4-5 hours high- monitor water)
Serve with additional hot sauce if desired.