Found this in CL – and of course totally adapted to what was in my kitchen!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 cup paremesan
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
Place cilantro and next 6 ingredients (through chile) in a food processor; process until well blended. With processor on, slowly pour oil through food chute; process until well blended. Place pesto in a large bowl; stir in vinegar and black pepper.
Mix this with cooked pasta or whatever you need it for. Thin with hot water from the pasta.
This will make the Wilker cookbook!