I found that this little gem went missing from my blog, so here it is again…
I think it tastes similar to El Torito (a chain in CA) dressing they use on their salads. Or the trader joe version too. (If only i had a trader joe’s in Colorado… booo)
Chili Cilantro Dressing
- 2 tablespoons unsalted pumpkin seed kernels, toasted (i just throw mine in)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (or to taste – usually end up using the tablespoon from the above ingredients!)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 2 garlic clove, chopped
- Red Pepper Flakes – I usually throw in a couple shakes, to taste
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup plain fat-free yogurt
Place the first 8 Ingredients: in a blender; process till smooth.
Gradually add cilantro; process until smooth.
Combine 2 tablespoons water and yogurt in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add cilantro mixture; stir well.
Can be stored for about a week.