Mocha FudgeThis was a Sunset recipe that i gutted due to what I have in my house. But it turned out tasty and could be very bad to my “bottom” line! I’m sure the recipe creator is rolling in their grave since I removed the whole essence of the fudge, but we like it!
Time: 30 minutes, plus at least 2 hours to chill. There are few treats in this world better than a smooth, chocolaty, decadent morsel of fudge, and this recipe is one of the best we’ve tried.
Yield: Makes 36 pieces (1 in. square)
- 1 pound bittersweet chocolate, chopped 2 cups chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature 3/4 cup margarine, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 2 cups chopped toasted almonds