This was another crab cake trial for hubby and I!
Since there were jalapenos in it it had to be great! I definitely liked this recipe much much much better than any of the previous ones we’ve eaten!
Mexicali Crab Cakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons stick margarine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1 (8 3/4-ounce) can no-salt-added whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 450°.
Saute celery, bell pepper, and jalapeño; 3 minutes or until tender. Cool.
Combine mayonnaise and the next 5 ingredients (mayonnaise through egg) in a large bowl. Add celery mixture, breadcrumbs, green onions, crabmeat, and corn, and stir well. Divide crabmeat mixture into 10 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Dredge patties in cornflakes.
Spray pan with pam, place 3-4 patties at a time in the pan. Turn patties over after 3 minutes, and fry an additional 3 or 4 minutes or until golden. Serve crab cakes with cocktail sauce, or ranch mixed with garlic chili sauce.